Richard M. Polishuk, LMT, Aston-Patterning
The work I do is generally rather gentle, but it changes balance in the body rapidly. I usually work through clothes, which saves quite a bit of time in the session. I always evaluate standing balance at the beginning of the session, and sometimes a couple of times in the middle. I rely constantly on evaluation as I work, but the evaluation is quick and subtle enough so that it doesn't interfere with treatment.
There's often a fine line between orthopedic problems (specific injuries and complaints) and structural concerns (balance of alignment and movement). I feel fortunate to understand a good deal about both and to be able to vary my approach as needed.
• I have two locations for my practice: Shoreline and Fremont.
Generally, I see clients in Fremont on Monday-Wednesday, and in Shoreline on Thursday-Friday. As is required for clinical settings, we continue to require adults to be masked during appointments. We have surgical masks on hand if you need one.
• To schedule an appointment, or if you have questions, please email me:
• Bring a health history form to the first session:
Additional information is required for auto insurance billing: Auto Accident Claim
• Fees are $90/hour (prorated as needed). You can pay online via PayPal (below) or in person with cash, card, or check (payable to Crafted Touch).
I've been practicing since I received a massage license in 1986. My initial interests were in orthopedic and structural work, and I pursued those interests in depth with Ben Benjamin, Joseph Heller, Rich Phaigh and others. Studying with Judith Aston and certifying in Aston-Patterning in the 90s was the icing on the cake. I've also been teaching since the late 80s, and I'm always grateful to be able to pass on the things I've learned.
Certifications / Professional associations
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), Washington State, 1986.
- Intraoral Endorsement, Washington State, 2007.
- Aston-Patterning Practitioner, 1998.
- National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), certified continuing education providers, 2005.
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), member since 1986.
Previously certified in Hellerwork, Onsen, Ben Benjamin's Injury Treatment and Trager.
I have been a client of Richard's for just over four and a half years and I have nothing but accolades to proclaim! Richard is a structural bodyworker who has a very sound knowledge of body usage and his ability to assess, treat and provide self-care suggestions is phenomenal. -- Client
Richard's ability to assess allows him to hone in quickly on what structures are injured or dysfunctional. He quickly sees what needs to be worked on to help improve whatever it is that needs help. Richard's couple of decades of experience and his continual study in technique, anatomy and body function make his sessions efficient and effective. -- Client
WA license: MA5538
4000 Aurora Ave N, Suite 114
Seattle, WA 98103
116 NE 194th St.
Shoreline, WA 98155