Balancing the Face for Structural Integrators
Generally, this course is organized at the request of a small group of SI practitioners. If you are interested, we'd love to share our approach.
Please email directly to discuss the possibilities.
We'd be happy to explore the Head-Neck territory with you and your colleagues!
Gain effectiveness in freeing the deep patterns in the cranium with this 3-day class! Under the myofascial layers outside the skull and around the jaw, the facial bones create the scaffolding for the mouth, nose, eyes and ears. Learn to distinguish and treat imbalances of the myofascia from problems involving the shape of the face and the alignment of the mandible.
• Day one begins with a review of myofascial intraoral basics to prepare us for the deeper work to come. We’ll learn visual and palpatory assessment methods for the TMJ, mandibular position, facial bones and cranial base.
• Next, we’ll explore each facial bone in turn, creating a fundamental protocol for effective treatment using intraoral and intranasal approaches. Anatomical landmarks, suture and joint relationships, and pertinent neural and vascular passages will be covered.
• On the final day, we’ll bridge from the local patterns in the head to full body patterns. Along with postural considerations, these techniques are indicated for TMJ dysfunction, migraines, chronic sinus infections and trauma to the face.
- This class is approved for IASI Category 1 credits. All students must have graduated from a IASI Approved Structural Integration program to participate.
- SI Practitioners must either be licensed to practice intraoral work or have studied intraoral as part of their SI training.
- WA state SI Practioners who do not yet have their intraoral endorsement are eligible for it by taking this class. Endorsement application provided.
What to Bring/Wear:
• Please wear a snug mask (KN94/95 or surgical—no cloth masks).
• For your comfort, wear loose clothing.
• You may want to bring an additional anatomy atlas (Clemente, Netter, Theime, for example), though there will be slides and an extensive handout.
• All supplies used in the class will be provided (gloves, finger cots, lubricants, etc.).