Richard M. Polishuk, LMT, Aston-Patterning
I have two locations for my practice: Shoreline and Seattle.
To schedule an appointment
To pay for sessions or tutorials with Richard on line, click here.
If you can bring a health history form to the first session, that's helpful. Download one here:
- Health History - Woman (pdf)
- Health history - Man (pdf)
- Health history - Children (under 18 years old) (pdf)
Additional information is required for insurance billing. Please choose the appropriate form:
I've been practicing since I received a massage license in 1986. My initial interests were in orthopedic and structural work, and I pursued those interests in depth with Ben Benjamin, Joseph Heller, Rich Phaigh and others. Studying with Judith Aston and certifying in Aston-Patterning in the 90s was the icing on the cake. I've also been teaching since the late 80s, and I'm always grateful to be able to pass on the things I've learned.
There's often a fine line between orthopedic problems (specific injuries and complaints) and structural concerns (balance of alignment and movement). I feel fortunate to understand a good deal about both and to be able to vary my approach as needed.
The work I do is generally rather gentle, but it changes balance in the body rapidly. I usually work through clothes, which saves quite a bit of time in the session. I always evaluate standing balance at the beginning of the session, and sometimes a couple of times in the middle. I rely constantly on evaluation as I work, but the evaluation is quick and subtle enough so that it doesn't interfere with treatment.
For information about paying through insurance, click here.
Current certifications / Professional associations
- Licensed Massage Therapist (LMT), Washington State, 1986.
- Intraoral Endorsement, Washington State, 2007.
- Aston-Patterning Practitioner, 1998.
- National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), certified continuing education providers, 2005.
- American Massage Therapy Association (AMTA), member since 1986.
Previously certified in Hellerwork, Onsen, Ben Benjamin's Injury Treatment and Trager.
4000 Aurora Ave N, Suite 114
Seattle, WA 98103
116 NE 194th St.
Shoreline, WA 98155